INTRODUCTION

In the 15th century, Gandía was renown as courtly town thanks to Juan de Borja. Part of its rich patrimony was obtained in this century.

WHAT WE’LL VISIT

The Ducal Palace, which was built on the site of an old Arabic house. It’s one of the most representative examples of Gothic civil architecture of its time. In 1485 the cardinal Rodrigo de Borja, later Pope Alexander VI, bought the duchy of Gandía, establishing the Borgia’s Duchy.

The Collegiate Church Santa María, built between 1250 and 1520, is an impressive temple of Gothic style which was turned into a collegiate church thanks to Pope Alexander VI, Rodrigo de Borja. It was declared National Historic-Artistic Monument in 1931.

The Convent of the Order of St. Claire. It is an enclosed convent built in the 15th century, which several women of the Borgia family joined. Guided tour to the harbour area of Gandía, its fish market and promenade.

DON’T MISS...

Food is a fundamental part of Gandía. Let us advise you and enjoy!